Thursday, November 01, 2007

Rowr!

So I've been seeing Comic Book Guy for a little shy of a month now and I guess it's pretty much official that we're each other's steady weekend date. Things are going swimmingly in most departments - he's fun to be with, easy to talk to, likes interesting things, smart, has a great vocabulary, etc, etc.

The subject came up the other day and I haven't been able to put the term "cougar" out of my mind since. This is a slang expression, once perjorative, for an older woman who preys on younger men and sucks them dry. I think it was coined by jealous younger women. Anyway, Samantha from Sex in the City is meant to be a cougar prototype - sexually adventurous, successful, confident, not looking to be tied down, usually up for something with anyone, but if he's younger, so much the better.

Comic Book Guy, who *does* have a name I can't decide if I should make public yet, is 11 years younger than I am. Does this make me a cougar???

I don't feel in the least bit predatory. I never said I didn't want to be tied down (i.e., in a committed relationship - get your minds out of the gutter!). This just happens to be someone with whom I have a lot of sympatico. Is that so wrong?

I should be flattered, because the term is gaining approval as a badge of honor among "older" women (sorry, I don't even think of myself as out of my youth yet). At any rate, I am SO not buying the book.

1 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Mrrrow! You go, girl! Chris wants to know which comic book store...

11/04/2007 07:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home