Sunday, September 09, 2007

odds 'n' ends


My check engine light went off yesterday. I am going to take the car for a spin later and see if it stays off. If it does, I'm cancelling my appointment at the dealership and chalking it up to the same old problem I always had of a loose gas cap. Grrr.

I am unreasonably excited, for once, about a guy from Match! This new fella is my age, works in the TV news, and is very cute in his pictures. We have been emailing and texting each other steadily for the past week. A meeting is imminent. Really, he is much more interesting than all the others before put together. And so far he hasn't done anything that makes me think of a first meeting with a mixture of dread and curiosity; I am genuinely excited and at the same time comfortable with it. And very, very nervous. I think he's out of my league. But I've heard it said (somewhat cynically) that love is often a feeling of appreciating your partner so much that you feel you got a way better deal than your partner did. So who knows?

At the very least, we can find out how understanding he is about hair disasters.

Last night I colored my hair, which had over the summer gotten pretty bleached out by the sun and salt and chlorine. I knew that my hair was a little fragile because of this, so I used a shade of auburn I thought would cover things well and left it on the briefest amount of time I could. Well, the tint was all wrong - deep, almost orangey red instead of coppery - because my hair is a little porous. It's not that it's a bad color, but it's just nothing like my actual color. It's too dark and it's not the right range. This too shall pass - hey, maybe people will like it!

4 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Yay that your CE light went off! That poor car is driving you nuts...

Forget what other people might think of your hair - do YOU like the new color? :)

9/09/2007 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

that's where I am not certain - it's still very alarming whenever I look at my hair in the mirror. I wouldn't be concerned with what other people thought if I wasn't sure about it myself, I think...

9/10/2007 08:06:00 AM  
Anonymous sister k said...

i like your color in the picture! sometimes you can get that "WHOA" feeling from within your head at the first look of the dry color in light but i like the color you chose! you're brave though. when i have a hair disaster, i go to the store w/ my head wet so the 16 yr. old cashier can't see the disaster as much and buy the darker color. in the same hour. prob. not the best idea, & certainly not quite as much fun!

9/10/2007 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

it's pretty in the sun. Indoors, the maroonish aspects are more pronounced. It's somewhat "downtown" looking. Like a nose piercing would not be amiss. Come to think of it, I always wanted my nose pierced...

9/10/2007 01:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home