Saturday, September 29, 2007

miss match 11a

There is a trend developing for people I gave up on to reappear.

I contacted someone interesting three weeks ago, thinking it was enormously unlikely that there might be more than one single (and straight) landscape designer in Lambertville and that the gent in question might actually be someone I met at a party, a few years ago. Well, he wasn't, but we chatted momentarily and he said he liked my profile and then he disappeared.

In the meantime, many other things happened, and sad to say, because it seems unkind - these people *are* human beings, after all - I left him by the wayside. You snooze, you lose.

Earlier this week I received an email from him apologizing for being so busy and wanting to establish some kind of connection again. I replied, but not too effusively, and he disappeared for a few days, only to email me again this morning that he was sorry he'd done it again, and that he is undergoing a very busy time right now, but that he won't be busy forever.

I sense that he is sincere, but in truth I have been emailing and texting and talking to someone from another website since about the same time Mr. Garden Designer was first on the scene. This other someone, whom I call Comic Book Guy (he does work in a comic store, but he bears very little resemblance to the Simpsons character - thank God), is developing into someone I am very intrigued by indeed. He has a great vocabulary (this is sexier than some might think, to me anyway), has read widely, and so far seems to be the correct blend of insightful and compassionate with witty and multifaceted. He's invited me to an early Halloween party already.

As I mentioned before, the window is everything. You have a short amount of time to get from first glances to moving in closer, and I think Mr Garden Designer's ship has sailed. Or is it that he didn't cultivate the seedlings well enough?

1 Comments:

Anonymous sister k said...

well i suppose that if 11b is scarier than you hoped you could revisit 11a (and tell him u were busy) but i have hope for u for mr. halloween! yay :)

9/29/2007 03:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home