Thursday, August 30, 2007

miss match 10

Advice :

1. Don't talk about your acrimonious divorce 10 minutes after we meet.

2. Don't diss your ex and use the word "psycho" more than once to describe her family.

3. Don't call me "honey" in a patronizing fashion.

4. Do stop interrupting me to tell me stories about yourself when you've specifically asked me something and I am answering your questions.

5. Do refrain from mentioning how many other dating websites you are on.

6. Do look like the picture you sent me.

7. Do notice when I have basically shut down and am not listening to you regale me with tales of your "crazy past." Change the subject.

8. Do have a spine and stop pretending to want to do "whatever I want to do," or keep saying "whatever you want."

9. When I tell you a story about something that happened to me, don't roll your eyes and say "you told me about that" and accuse me of not remembering what I told you because I am talking to so many other guys.

10. Don't expect a second date. And no, we can't be friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Winner #364! What a guy...

Next time someone tells you they want to do "whatever you want to do," you can sigh with relief and say, "No wonder this date is going so badly - I didn't know you also wanted to be on a date with a smart, good looking guy!"

8/30/2007 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

ZING!!!!!

Why can I never think of things like that when I'm in the situation????

8/30/2007 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Sister K said...

oh i give you so much credit for giving dating so many chances!!! lol....

9/01/2007 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger C L Blackman said...

so how's the car?

9/04/2007 09:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home