Saturday, July 21, 2007

it was all a dream

Bibliofilly is having trouble adjusting to reality again. Vacation really took me out of myself - in a good way, for the most part - but now the realization that work, and life, await me Monday is making the pink cloud disappear somewhat.

Amid all the excitement of hosting my niece, which was a delightful week indeed, I had a little fender-bender yesterday that tore open a front panel of my car, rendering it undriveable (well, if I want to drive safely). The repair will probably cost more than the car is worth. Is it necessary to have it totally refurbished, or can I stand to drive a mashed-in car with the dangerous parts bent into a safer shape until such time as I can afford to replace it? Poor baby Kia! That car is my whole independence!

Bibliofilly needs to curl up on the couch in the fetal position and contemplate what's next.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

I'm just glad you came out of it unscathed! Stay off NJ roads as much as you can...there's a whole lot of jackasses out there.

7/21/2007 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger C L Blackman said...

Was your niece with you? Are you (both) alright?
How bad is it? did you get estimates yet?
There's a pretty good repair shop I used in bridgewater. I can give you the number etc.

7/22/2007 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

OW! I do hope you and Angela are ok? I'm so sorry about the car! If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a faux green dress and a car.

7/22/2007 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

I'm fine, my niece is fine, the car is not so fine! But the damage looked worse the other day, when I was still shaken up and panicky. You know how some people come out swinging and aggressive when they have stress? Not me. I crumple up like Kleenex and everything is terrible.

Still, I plan to go tomorrow to a guy in Green Brook someone recommended and see what the damage is...hopefully they can do an estimate this week. The good news: I get to roll up to the reunion in a different set of (rented) wheels. Should I get the Mustang?

Karen: thanks for the Barenaked Ladies reference...now that song is stuck in my head...

Andre: this happened in Staten Island. Oy!

7/22/2007 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home