Thursday, June 28, 2007

What flavor is the pie in the sky?

My coworkers and I - we are rather like family - play the MegaMillions drawing twice a week. We put in a buck each and buy one ticket for each of us with the idea that we'll split the winnings evenly. This week the jackpot is up to $91M. I am so convinced that we are going to win because of the wonderful idea we have all been cooking up.

We're going to quit en masse and set up our own publishing/library marketing firm. We'll buy a nice big house and each take a bedroom as an office. This house will have a nice big kitchen so we can have communal lunches, a deck and maybe a pool so we can barbecue and hang out after hours, and a conference/game room/wet bar.

I like this idea so much I feel like it's not an "if," it's a "when." I will be soooooo disappointed if it doesn't happen, I don't even know what to tell you.

Speaking of windfalls, young Scott's roommate, who plays poker instead of working, came fourth in a tournament in Atlantic City this week. He is getting a check for over $100K. Why am I not playing poker???

1 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

godDAMN I hope you win!

6/28/2007 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home