Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ooh, ooh! Analyze me!




In the past 6 months bibliofilly has dreamed over and over about gigantic waves, like walls of water, that crash over her or her environment. Once I dreamed a huge wave the size of a mountain hung over the shore of New Jersey, roaring surf and all, while people laughed and frolicked in the spray. Once I dreamed I was standing in my old apartment and watched as the towering wave swept over the entire building and passed on down the street, leaving me in the building unscathed. I've been on the beach as a rogue wave hit me but didn't carry me out to sea. I've been overtaken by waves stories high and dived into them. Once, in a related image, I surfed on an avalanche (that was fun!).

The interesting thing is that I don't get hurt, I don't drown, and in fact I am exhilarated by the experience. I've been told waves are supposed to mean stress and building tension, and big waves are about overwhelming pressure. But I'm always safe in my dreams - I tuck my head under and find breathing space.

If anyone knows what this is about or can explain it please tell me!

3 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I don't know what your dreams mean but, when that wave hits NJ, my basement will be DRY!

6/26/2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

Dry basement = priceless. :-)

I wonder what a leaky basement in a dream means?

6/27/2007 08:24:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Leaky basement in a dream probably means you've just wet the bed.

7/04/2007 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home