Thursday, June 07, 2007

miss match 3

Things are going in fits and starts.

I've had two people express interest, then disappear since going live. Emails were exhanged. Phone numbers changed hands. I even did speak to one fella and we discussed things to do on a first date. Then...the Big Silence.

I understand that no commitments or even promises are being made, and everyone is free to look and keep looking, but I don't think I understand someone who expresses interest in meeting, then disappears.

Also: I had emailed someone who was marginally interesting to see if I could start a dialogue. He emailed me back a long diatribe about why we were wrong for each other based on our profiles and closed by insulting my profession with lame jokes. I wrote him back and said that perhaps we didn't have much in common, and wished him luck, and received an email this morning that said, in part

...wow, I really scared you away...or your just a snot who can't take a joke...

That really warmed the cockles of my heart, let me tell you. If you're going to be snarky (which I guess passes as wit these days), at least use proper punctuation.



4 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Return a note:

I was not scared by your long-winded, insulting diatribe. I was thankful for the picture of your true self before we got to the tedious part where you realize how wonderful I am as I'm dumping you for being a jerk.

P.S. I haven't been called 'a snot' since third grade! Thanks for the check-up...still doesn't turn me on.

6/07/2007 07:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Missy said...

Missy, here, friend of Karen's. That's not so bad. I was actually physically, in person, seeing a guy who suddenly up and disappeared. If you are a sex and the city fan, there is the episode where Big is talking about how his GF can call him but he can't call her. This was kinda like that, and I just simply never heard from him again. BIZARRE. Funnier thing is, a year and a half later....he suddenly emails me to say 'hi' out of the blue.

6/09/2007 02:39:00 AM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

Men are indeed unpredictable creatures.

I think that my willingness to play the game has dramatically decreased, is part of the problem. When I was younger I would jump through all kinds of hoops to get and keep a guy's interest. Now I don't have time for that shite. I am more annoyed than sad about my lost connections!

6/10/2007 07:32:00 PM  
Anonymous sister k said...

i feel your dating pain

6/16/2007 09:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home