Monday, June 04, 2007

miss match 2

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, really, because I'm looking again too, but I have seen at least 2 people I dated in the past few years on Match now.

Is it mean-spirited of me to say that I know WHY they're looking again/still? I must be careful here - there are two sides to every story. Still, I know I was right in thinking that neither was right for me.

Bachelor #1 had a chip on his shoulder about his own opinions and was pretty intolerant of the likes/dislikes of others. His rant about how much he hated "Lost in Translation" was almost a deal-breaker. I went on one date with him and decided, in the end, that although we *could* talk about things like music and books and movies, it would probably wind up being painful. That, and I had serious doubts about being the only person with a car in a relationship with someone who lived 20 miles away.

Bachelor #2 stated and re-stated his preference for kind and honest women, but was rather cold and awkward himself. Although he liked the same quirky music and movies I did, I could never find the warmth. When I broke up with him after 5 dates, he complained that I did not trust him and that I made no effort to initiate activities. My take on it was that he didn't earn my trust and that he seemed too distant for me to connect with. Next!


Update: since the new profile went up I've had 112 new views of my profile. I got an email from a gentleman in Spain who assures me that he can fly anywhere to meet me and that I look "cute and kind and responsible" (how does one look responsible?), and a "wink" from a fellow who would like me to know that he is not into game players. Both were discarded. Not my cup of tea!

3 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Ask Mr. Spain if he would fly you over to meet him...might be fun and, if it didn't work out, at least you'd be in Spain. :)

112 views and only two contacts? Maybe the others are screwing up some nerve?

6/04/2007 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

I could just be cynical, but I'm pretty sure Mr Spain probably wants a green card more than he wants a date...

6/04/2007 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Certianly possible, althought Spain isn't like Russia or Mexico in terms of people desperately wanting to leave. I was being opportunistic - who else is inviting you to Europe?

6/05/2007 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home