Thursday, May 17, 2007

looks aren't everything.

Okay, seriously. I am growing weary of seeing house centipedes in my kitchen sink and my bathtub.

It's spring and that means they're especially active. Apparently all this rain we've been having has given them more of the dampness they crave. But every day I see these not-so-tiny critters racing around in a manner that is giving me chills as I think about it, and I remember that they mostly run around at night. Probably right over me as I sleep.

You know what, though? They're our friends because they eat everything else insectile in sight, and the screens on my windows have a rather laissez-faire approach to keeping out bugs.
I'll never get used to them, but I guess I'll have to fight the urge to reach for a tissue or turn on the faucet when I see them. I think I'll start naming them. Maybe that would help.

1 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

If you get chummy enough, bring one over to my house and we'll introduce it to some Rather Large Spiders and Disturbingly Ugly Crickets.

5/17/2007 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home