Tuesday, May 15, 2007

librarian outrage

it's a terrible thing, the wrath of my madness when the freedom of speech is being toyed with.
Okay, I actually only heard about this today on BoingBoing. I have no words. I am shocked, SHOCKED, that anyone would think this is a reasonable way to provide service.

If HB 1727 becomes law, public libraries would be forced to filter all public computers and to provide a companion over the age of 21 for any minor requiring unfiltered computer use, such as for homework research.

http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6442426.html

1 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

Astonishing. I'm speechless...which, I suppose, is sort of what the government is trying to make me. Think it's time to move to Cuba? Seems like there might be more freedom there.

5/17/2007 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home