Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I enjoy being a churl

Okay, no I don't . But as the noontime invites drift in to go get free ices or free iced coffees I find myself doing my usual dance of "Thanks, but no thanks."

It seems strange, but despite living alone, I still find that I value my time to myself. Rather late in life I am discovering that I just don't have a "group" mentality. I don't need to go to lunch in a pack of people. I sometimes join the folks in the office, who go to lunch together every day and send out memos inviting each other. I can't seem to bring myself to feel like it's necessary every day. I am a bad pack member. I would probably wind up being that one that went off on its own and ends up freezing to death in a snowbank, like in those nature films about wolves.

But hey, by the way, Happy Spring First!

1 Comments:

Anonymous sister k said...

or you'd be the one to go off and find the way out of the forest while the rest of the pack stayed back to freeze waiting for someone to go find help :)

3/25/2007 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home