Thursday, January 04, 2007

Merry new year!

I am offering you this tidbit of 7 years ago from a tiny pocket journal I found when I was cleaning out my papers in the annual purge.

What I Did for the New Millennium

I rang in the new year alone on the couch, barely awake from drinking Nyquil all afternoon (my only alcoholic toast). I tried to watch the millennium being rung in around the world but kept falling asleep. Paris...London...I missed them all. I heard the sound of fireworks over the harbor and lots of cheering, then fell asleep again. When I awoke at 4 AM it was to the sound of someone being sick in the apartment next door.

Interestingly, the following year I rang in the new year by calling 911. My next-door neighbor's boyfriend stabbed her in a fight.

I miss Staten Island sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home