I just made this up. Dead easy and can be high fat, low fat, no fat, or vegan, depending on your needs or desires. It's kind of like a pie. Kind of like a casserole. I guess I could call it Tortilla Layers.
1. Line a baking dish with tortillas. Corn or flour - your pick. Let them come up the sides of the dish to form a "crust."
2. Spread over this some beans, either whole or refried (I use a bean paste concoction of my own making which is drained canned black beans and pink beans whirled together in the food processor with some salsa, cilantro, cumin and Louisiana sauce. Makes a great dip on its own, too).
3. Over this, some cooked rice of your choosing (I used plain brown rice, but you could do yellow rice or white rice or what have you).
4. Over this, some salsa or taco sauce for flavor.
5.Over this, if you desire, ground taco meat (I used turkey; go ahead and use pork or beef or vegan taco crumbles).
6. Next, cheese (I used sharp cheddar; could be jack or colby too).
7.Next, jalapeno slices (or the pepper of your choice).
8.Black olives if you like them.
9.Top with a covering layer of tortillas and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the tortillas on top get nicely browned.
10. Serve with chopped onions, more peppers, and sour cream if you like it (I will probably use plain yogurt, since that's what's in the fridge)