those damn online games
yeah, okay, we've all played them. What's so wrong about forwarding a harmless 60- question quiz about trivial crap to your friends?apparently nothing, until they get so long no one wants to fill them out. My own answers follow. My book group rebelled and refused to answer, except to tell me that if I really wanted to know the answers, I would have to ask the questions one at a time. Is this cruel penance???
. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00
2. Diamonds or pearls? pearls...my birthstone
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Capote
4. What's your favorite TV show? the Colbert Report on Comedy Central
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? tea and a granny smith apple
6. What's your favorite cuisine? Thai. No, Vietnamese. No, sushi. Okay, I like a lot of 'em.
7. What foods do you dislike? Organ meat
8. What is your favorite chip flavor? Salt 'n' vinegar
9. What's your favorite CD at the moment? anything by The Hives
10. What kind of car do you drive? Kia Rio
11. Favorite sandwich? Grilled (cheddar) cheese with tomato
12. What characteristics do you despise? arrogance and willful ignorance
13. What is your favorite type of clothing? clean and comfy, but flattering (no low-riders in sight)
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? a lake in the mountains
15. What color is your bathroom? white/grey/cream
16. Favorite brand of clothing? I confess. Old Navy is what I can afford. But I love J. Jill, Eileen Fisher and Anthropolgie.
17. Where would you retire to? Seattle.
18. Favorite time of the day? afternoon
19. What was your most memorable birthday? when I turned 7 and mom and dad took me and my friends to the Buffalo Zoo.
20. Where were you born? Buffalo, NY
21. Favorite sport to watch? They're all dull.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? not sure...surprise me.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Norma. She's very prompt!
24. What laundry detergent do you use? Gain. Some kinda tropical scent.
25. Were you named after anyone? My middle name (Katherine) is for my grandma Askew, a lady to the core. If she could see me now.
26. Do you wish on stars? If I remember.
27. When did you last cry? Saturday morning. The story about the character in Doonesbury recovering from being wounded in Iraq really pushed my buttons.
28. Do you like your handwriting? It gets the job done.
29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I would consider it.
30. Are you a daredevil? When the mood takes me.
31. Do looks matter? Yes and no.
32. How do you release anger? Driving. Exercise. Pouting.
33. Where is your second home? in my head.
34. What were your favorite toys as a child? many, many stuffed animals. They all had names and life stories.
35. What class in high school was totally useless? algebra. Has to be - why else did it not sink in after taking it twice?
37. Favorite movies? Too general. Lost in Translation, Rushmore, Desk Set, the Big Lebowski, The Triplets of Belleville....
38. What are your nicknames? Piglet. That's an old one from childhood. I am un-nickname-able.
39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No.
40. Do you think that you are strong? Emotionally, yes. Physically, need work.
41. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? fresh strawberry. Butter pecan. Swiss almond.
42. What are your favorite colors? teal blue. soft gray. periwinkle.
43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Insecurity.
44. Who do you miss the most? My old man. He was a funny, wise old fart when he wanted to be.
45. Do you want everyone you sent this to send it back? but of course.
46. What color pants are you wearing? cut off "capri" gray sweats.
47. What are you listening to right now? the hum of air in the vents and keyboard keys clicking.
48. Last thing you ate? a tater tot.
49. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be? rose
50. Last person you talked to on the phone? my neighbor Theresa, figuring out when we would go walking.
52. Favorite Drink? very hot tea with milk and a little sugar. Very cold Aquafina. Very cold skim milk. Diet Pepsi on ice with lemon.
53. Do you wear contacts? Not anymore.
54. Favorite Day of the Year? June 13th.
55. Scary Movies or Happy Endings??? Yeah, OK, happy endings. The sappier the better.
56. Summer or winter? Summer. Except for the bugs. And having to work through all the great weather.
57. Hugs OR Kisses??? Hugs.
58. What is Your Favorite Dessert? Ice cream and warm brownies. Or PIE.
59. What Book(s) are you reading? Julie and Julia. A young New Yorker writes about her weird bond with Julia Child as she cooks her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
60. What is on your mouse pad? no mouse pad
61. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? the finale of Bleak House
62. Favorite Smells? fresh-cut grass, warm sleeping cat, summer rain on asphalt
63. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Um, do I have to pick one of them? Beatles. I guess. They knew when to stop.
64. What's the furthest you've been from home? I think York, England is technically the farthest.