Friday, November 10, 2006

it must be love

Quite, quite early this morning (like 3:30, and again at 5:30) Harry Cat was making noises of a variety he never has before, a sort of short yipping "you've got to listen to me" mew, which I ignored sleepily as I got up and let him out both times (yes, I got up TWICE). When I was closer to waking, I opened the door once again to discover a dead squirrel on the threshold. The poor thing didn't appear to be wounded, but as the munchkins declare in the Wizard of Oz, he really was sincerely dead. I think Harry wanted me to think that he brought it for me.

Such a brave little cat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Cat is good! Pixie has to go outside to bring down the chipmunks. I think you're right about the little yip noises. Emily made and Pixie makes the same sort of sounds when delivering a prize.

11/10/2006 09:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home