Tuesday, October 24, 2006

overheard while traveling

Just a sampling of the odd things I heard people say on my trip.

"I activated your tabs." (This is techie talk specific to my company's database product, but sounds potentially dirty and/or drug-related.)

"Never apply to the Toaster of Fear." (I have no idea what this means, but the way my 8 year-old niece said it, it sounded ominous.)

"We're at the intersection of Beauty and Waste." (Uttered by my sister as we tried to make a left turn onto a way-congested 2-lane road in Forsyth County, which is busily tearing down its bucolic countryside to make way for more chain restaurants.)

"The past never lies." (Again my niece - again, not sure what it means, but it sounds good.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home