Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Personal Milestone

Welcome to my milestone!

I recently met a fella and was able to recognize that although he is a fine human being, he is not right for me, and I told him I didn't think I was interested before things started getting weird. I think I deserve bonus points because I said we should be friends and meant it. My reward: the fella responded warmly and agreeably.

This may not sound like much, but in the past I would have tried to hang on for dear life to someone who wasn't into me and I would have blamed myself when they rejected me.

Progress. I feel so mature.

3 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I think you get double-secret extra points for his report that he had a good time meeting you and, while disappointed that you chose not to go down the path of possible romance, understands and respects the decision.

I always find my own moments of maturity surprising and delightful... :)

7/13/2006 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger kasper said...

wow there's waaaay too much maturity here. I feel like I'm at an AARP convention.

but kudos for you!!!! sorry it wasn't all sparkles and champagne... which i learned you are not supposed to pop with a flourish and fountain... oh well.

7/13/2006 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

whaaat??

I suppose that's why it's secret, but I reassured myself that he didn't really seem interested either. What a super-nice guy.

"sparkles and champagne"...actually I'd love to see what a Broadway show looks like when one of the lightmen is tipsy...

7/14/2006 07:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home