Friday, July 14, 2006

Foiled

My $800 brake parts won't come in till next week. Till then, I am homebound.

Do manufacturers set out to make the non-warranty parts as crappily as possible to ensure that repairs will still bring in money? Just wondering. I shouldn't complain - I've had 5 years of almost completely uneventful driving. But all of a sudden, it's as if some timer went off and the car said "Quick! She's only got 6 months left on the bumper to bumper coverage!" and now, here I am, hemorraging cash I didn't have in the first place.

If you need me I will be on my verandah this weekend, fanning myself and steeping in gin. I aim to try Hendricks, which I hear is infused with cucumber. Sounds divinely cooling for the anticipated high 90s we're supposed to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home