Monday, June 05, 2006

Overheard this AM

The department VP complaining about her 4 year old Lexus SUV and referring to it as a piece of junk. It's in the shop for scheduled maintenance.

"I wanted a BMW but my husband said this was better," she said, as if she couldn't understand how anyone could be so misguided.

When the piece of junk was a year old she volunteered to drive some of us to an office luncheon in the area and she apologized because her car wasn't new enough. "We used to have a new car every year, but now with this economy, we can't do that," she said angrily.

And you know, I feel for her. It must be very hard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous dre said...

Oh god I hate her!

6/05/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

My four year old VW Jetta still makes me bounce around with glee. Not only is it a great car but it's paid for! The kids will be lucky if I'm willing to let them near the wheel when they're old enough to drive (11 years, for those of you without their birthdays on your calendars...)!

6/05/2006 02:57:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

I still love my KIA, even if she is making a noise right now that is worrying. She gets me from A to B! How could I not love her?

I like the new VW commercials where people are driving luxury automobiles with megaphones syaing things like "I have something to compensate for!" ...So true.

6/06/2006 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home