Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lovely bird, the Norwegian blue. Beautiful plumage

(apologies to karen for jacking her entry format.)


A week before my birthday, my mother sent to me:

A pair of lovely reproduction freshwater pearl earrings from the Winterthur collection

Two charming posable jointed wooden lizards

A check for a hundred smackers that is NOT going into savings

A tiny playable xylophone keychain just like the Fisher-Price toy

A copy of her living will

The antique stuffed hummingbird in a nest pictured below.

All in all, a suitably cryptic and colorful birthday package, no?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




2 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

When is your actual birthday? Perhaps a long lunch (hic') is in order? I promise I will not make you the lentil walnut veggie burgers that actually had Ross (the boy who devours sushi) in tears at dinner tonight...

6/07/2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

Lentil walnut veggie burgers? That actually sounds kind of good.

It's June 13th. I'm taking the day off. I have no real plans for the day, I just know I heven't done anything to deserve having to work on my birthday.

Don't ask me how old I will be. I am planning on starting to be creative about that, since I don't look/feel/act my age.

6/08/2006 08:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home