Tuesday, May 02, 2006

On the road again

Har har, I dare you not to think of that Willie Nelson tune now.

Dawn is breaking here in Arizona and I'm on east coast time. Of course. I'll be going down for some tasty "continental" "breakfast" soon and trying to figure out just what the hell I will say to Demanding Customer about Product I Know Little About. I will be surrounded by Team of Sales Bigwigs who are champing at the bit to sell A Level of Customization We Can't Deliver. This wouldn't be quite so funny if I hadn't seen Dustin Hoffman do Willy Loman not too long ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I've done that same presentation before...I don't envy you tomorrow. At least you have Friday to look forward to. So far, the raspberry shrub doesn't resemble a bush at all so much as bright red vinegary goodness and I'm going to attempt the mashing, straining, and cooking it down with sugar tomorrow. I've been known to tipple the vinegar now and again, too, so I think we'll be fine and, if all else fails, Chris pointed out that we've got vodka in the freezer.

5/02/2006 06:13:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

vodka...mmm...

is it a BAD sign when I start saying that at 6 AM?

5/03/2006 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Somewhere in the world, it is always after noon. Therefore, one can assume it is always safe to begin thinking about cocktails.

I've mashed, strained, and simmered and am now very curious to see if what I've made will remain liquid enough to mix with soda as the recipe directs. I'm mildly concerned that it will turn into jelly, in which case I may try slicing it and cut little shrub shapes out to serve on plates with toast. Or maybe cut into cubes, put in double-old fashioned glasses and pour vodka overtop? Sort of like separated jello shots?

5/03/2006 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home