Friday, May 12, 2006

Business jargon

"I don't think you need to know how the sausage is made."
-- Heard by me at my last sales presentation, from a consultant
demurring on supplying a detailed technical explanation of how
a process works.

This expression is now making the rounds among our organization's sales force, because I heard it twice this week from different sources. All the salespeople were recently at a regional meeting, where no doubt it was given to them in a secret ceremony.

I hope this is not the catch phrase of the year. I keep having off-color comebacks pop into my head and it will become increasingly harder to restrain myself from laughing.

5 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/12/2006 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger karen said...

you're right...i don't want to know.

5/12/2006 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

bahahaha!

Okay, I *don't* want to know...

and yet, I still like sausage.
http://www.madeinbuffalo.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=98

5/13/2006 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

mmm...buffalo food

5/13/2006 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

When my friend Jennifer got married in Kentucky almost 10 years ago, she imported Chiavetta's sauce and had caterers use it to cook chicken for her reception. Imagine, she's in a barbecue state but nothing else would do but the stuff from home...that's a real testimony to how good it is, no?

5/13/2006 03:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home