Monday, March 20, 2006

happy monday.

I had to miss work to take my car to the dealership and I took it to a new place and they gouged me ($500 for brake pads and an oil change) and asked me to bring my car back in 2500 miles so they can get several hundred more dollars of my money for a so-called "scheduled maintenance."

I went home while the mechanics "earned" their $350 worth of labor and discovered new malware on my laptop and spent the rest of the day getting rid of it. It's gone, but HA! my secret weapon was installing Firefox and ditching Internet Explorer altogether.

Oh, and I have a persistent low-grade fever with no other symptoms.

I am just trying to decrease the ratio of suck in my life. Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish that?

3 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I would gladly have paid $500 and endured a low-grade fever if I could have gotten out of my today, which featured nine straight hours of frustrating tech service work and nothing in the way of food or drink except one cup of coffee. The next person who asks why I’m not cheerful on the first day of spring will be checked into the boards.

3/20/2006 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger bibliofilly said...

Oh dear...you win!

You qualify to have a facial and pedicure while someone brings you chocolates and refills your wine glass. I hope someone did this for you when you got home?

When you are working for someone it is barbaric of them not to appreciate your being there by offering you a few simple comforts. Or in your case, necessities. I don't think lunch is a luxury...is it?

A waiting room non-sequitur: I was miffed to discover that when a friend of mine went to the same dealership I did to get work done, the guys on duty offered to get her snacks when they went on their morning coffee run. I got bupkes! I guess it helps to have dimples.

3/21/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Next time, bring your own peanuts. Maybe you can toss them at the rude service people to cause the "instant death from contact with 1/10,000 of a teaspoon of peanut" the school nurse always advertises. I feel gyped - I haven't been around to see ANY of these very common tragedies and, unlike a highway accident, I think I would like to see one!

3/21/2006 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home